It’s very hard to remove the oil stains from your expensive upholsteries and furniture. Further, it’s difficult to remove oil stains from couches as well. Even if a spill doesn’t happen, still your body oil can make your couches dirty, which makes couch cleaning necessary. Also, if any of your beloved family members grease some food on the couch, it will more likely suffer from the oil stains. Well, you don’t have to worry now, as this article will tell you “How To Get Oil Stains Out Of Couch”? With this article, you can save money from buying costly products and can easily remove oil stains.
Guide To Follow While Removing The Oil Stain From The Upholsteries And Couches
- Baking soda and the cornstarch
- Some clean paper towels
- You can also use moist paper or a damp towel
- Liquid detergent or any soap
- Old soft toothbrush
You can be relaxed that everything mentioned above can be easily available. Therefore, there is no need to buy an expensive couch stain remover.
Six Steps Effective Technique To Remove Oil Stain From The Couch
Following are the six steps that will solve your question “How To Get Oil Stains Out Of the Couch“.
- Firstly, take a handful of baking soda and cornstarch. And make a thick layer coating of the above mixture on the affected area.
- Further, make sure you leave the baking soda and cornstarch coating on the couch for 20 minutes. Hence, baking soda and cornstarch will help in absorbing the oil from the couch without harming its fabric.
- Now just after minutes, with a smooth hand or with a paper towel, gather the baking soda and cornstarch powder. Apart from this, you can even use the brush for removing powder from the couch. Also, make sure you remove the powder gently.
- You can take an old soft toothbrush and add some drops of liquid soap. Now gently scrub the affected oil area from which you want to eliminate the stains. This process will help break the particles of oil from the couches. Nevertheless, this process will surely remove stains from the couch fabric from the root and grease as well.
- Moving to the next, take the damp and paper towel to circularly clean the affected area.
- Lastly, you can repeat the above steps by using the dishwasher and then cleaning with a damp towel until the oil stain is removed.
However, in the first attempt, oil stains can be removed from the couches. But if not then you can follow the above process till three attempts for the complete removal of oil stains. This case can be possible only when it’s too hard to remove the stubborn stains.
Additional DIY Method For Removing Oil Stain From Upholstery
Another DIY method to remove oil stains from the upholstery is using baby powder. Simply follow the below steps for removing oil stains from your couch.
- First, place a good amount of baby powder on the affected area. Make sure you entirely cover the oil stain from baby powder. This powder will help in pulling out the stain from the couch.
- After 15/20 minutes, brush the stain with baby powder.
- Further scrubbing will break the stain particles from the couch. With this, your couch will be free from oil stains.
- Lastly, clean the couch with a clean damp cloth.
Hope with the above article you get to know “How To Get Oil Stains Out Of Couch?” Follow the above steps carefully and gently for removing the oil stain from the couch. Moreover, as soon as you see the oil stain on the couch following the above-mentioned steps immediately. Hence, this step will help remove oil stains from the couch.