So you have a pet in your home that is not fully trained. You are annoyed with the pet toilet stain on your couch and are finding ways to clean it up. To help you out with this problem, we have prepared a list of different ways how to get rid of pet urine stains on the couch. Nobody likes pee stains on their furniture or couch. It does not only give a bad look but also smells bad. This can be a source of various diseases and people will also be uncomfortable sitting on it.
It is very important to get rid of such stains as soon as possible. While removing the stains you must keep in mind the safety of the couch. There is a huge risk of damaging it accidentally while cleaning it. You must be aware of the type of cloth on the couch and the perfect and easy way to clean it. Let us now have a look at how to get rid of pet urine stains from the couch.
1. Dry The Surface
- Ensure the area you’re going to clean is free from excess water.
- If there is still urine in the area, use a dry towel to clean it off.
- Consider placing the couch under the sun or using a fan to help it dry faster.
- Do not attempt to clean the area before it is dry to avoid the risk of spreading urine further on the couch.
- This precaution is crucial when dealing with pet urine stains on the couch.
2. Vinegar Removal
- Identify the material of your couch before starting the cleaning process.
- For fabric couches:
- Mix one-fourth cup of vinegar with warm water and one tablespoon of soap.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Apply the solution to the affected area and scrub with a soft cloth until the stains are gone.
- Allow the solution to stay on the couch for a few hours before cleaning.
- For leather couches:
- Mix vinegar, a little olive oil, and one tablespoon of dishwasher soap.
- Apply the mixture to the stained area and scrub gently with a soft cloth.
- For synthetic material couches:
- Mix half a cup of vinegar with one cup of warm water and half a tablespoon of dishwasher soap.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Apply the solution to the urine stain and scrub until it disappears.
- These DIY methods can help you remove pet urine stains from your couch.
3. Baking Soda Solution
- Baking soda is effective for cleaning and removing stains and odours from the couch.
- Create a mixture by combining baking soda with water.
- Apply the baking soda mixture to the affected area of the couch.
- Leave it on for approximately 15 to 20 minutes to allow the baking soda to absorb the stain.
- Vacuum the area to remove the baking soda and the absorbed stain.
- This method is useful for eliminating pet urine stains from the couch.
4. Sanitization And Deodorization
- Sanitizing the couch is crucial to remove germs associated with urine.
- Use a sanitizing spray available in the market and apply it carefully, avoiding excessive application to prevent staining.
- Apply the sanitiser not only to the affected area but also all over the couch.
- Deodorize the couch after cleaning to eliminate any lingering odours.
- Addressing both sanitization and deodorization ensures a thorough cleaning process.
- After sanitizing and deodorizing, the couch will be ready for use.
- This method provides an effective way to remove pet urine stains and maintain hygiene on the couch.
Some Expert Ways
The cleaning of the couch does not limit itself to only these few ways. There are some professional and expert ways to clean the couch well. Some of the ways include steam cleaning, shampoo cleaning, dry cleaning, hot water extraction, spot cleaning, brushing and grooming. Methods like steam cleaning and hot water extraction include the use of very hot water and steam to loosen the fabric and clean the dirt out with ease. It is an extremely useful technique but only when expert couch cleaners do it.
Spot cleaning and dry cleaning concentrate on the affected spot and clean it perfectly using environment-friendly chemicals and soaps. These ways are only effective when performed by an expert as it needs full knowledge and skill to work well. There is a huge risk of damaging the cloth of the couch when done by a normal person. Using professional help is also one of the many methods how to get rid of pet urine stains on the couch.
The above-mentioned ways were a few of the many how to get rid of pet urine stains on the couch. All the above-mentioned points of cleaning the couch can really help you out in removing the stain. Getting rid of such stains can demand a lot of time, energy and technique. Even a small error can damage the cloth of the couch which you surely would like to avoid. Getting help from the best couch-cleaning professionals in the town can really help you out.