The couch is one of the most comfortable and important pieces of furniture in your home. It’s where you spend time relaxing, watching TV, reading, and hanging out with friends and family. However, over time, it can become dirty and stained from regular use. That’s why it’s important to deep clean your couch regularly to keep it looking and feeling fresh. In this blog, we’ll provide 5 simple steps to deep clean your couch like a pro.
Importance Of Couch Deep Cleaning
Before going to the steps for deep cleaning a couch it is important to know the importance of deep cleaning your couch. Read on to know more.
- Deep cleaning of couches is important to maintain a healthy living environment in your home.
- Couches accumulate dirt, dust, allergens, and bacteria over time that can affect your health. Deep cleaning is helpful in cleaning all of them.
- Regular deep cleaning of couches can help remove stains, odours, and any buildup of debris that can impact their appearance and longevity.
- Deep cleaning can also help to extend the lifespan of your couches, saving you money in the long run.
- Regular maintenance of your couches can contribute to a fresher, more comfortable, and more inviting home.
- Deep cleaning your couches can help remove harmful particles and allergens that can cause respiratory problems, allergies, and other health issues.
- Deep cleaning can also remove pet dander, which can be a major source of allergens in homes.
- Couches are expensive investments and deep cleaning them can help protect your investment and ensure that they last for years to come.
- Deep cleaning can also improve the appearance of your couches, making them look and smell fresh and clean.
Steps To Deep Clean The Couch
Step 1: Vacuum the sofa
The initial step to profoundly clean your sofa is to completely vacuum it. Utilize the upholstery connection on your vacuum cleaner to eliminate any free soil, residue, and trash from the outer layer of the couch. Really focus on the cleft and corners where dust will quite often amass. You may likewise need to utilize a delicate seethed brush connection to tenderly scour the outer layer of the couch to eliminate any dust.
Step 2: Tackle The Stains
Once you are finished vacuuming the sofa, it is important that you tackle the stains from the sofa. There are a variety of commercial upholstery cleaners available in the market, but you can also make your own using household items. One popular DIY solution is a mixture of baking soda and water. Simply mix equal parts of baking soda and water to make a paste, apply it to the stained area, and let it sit for 30 minutes before wiping it away with a damp cloth. You can also use a mixture of vinegar and water to remove stains. Apply the mixture to the stain and let it sit for a few minutes before blotting it away with a clean cloth.
Step 3: Clean The Cushions
Once you tackle all the stains, it is important that you clean all the cushions properly. Firstly remove the cushions from the couch and vacuum them thoroughly using a good quality vacuum cleaner. Make sure to cover both sides of the cushions. Now you can remove the covers from the cushions and machine wash them thoroughly. You can read the manufacturer’s manual so that you can use the right method to wash and clean the cushions. Always use a mild detergent to avoid any kind of damage to the cushions.
Step 4: Clean the frame and legs
While you’re deep cleaning your couch, don’t forget about the frame and legs. Use a soft, damp cloth to wipe down the frame and legs, paying special attention to any areas that are visibly dirty or dusty. You can also use a mild cleaning solution, such as a mixture of water and dish soap, to help remove any stubborn stains or grime.
Step 5: Let it dry
After deep cleaning your couch, it’s important to let it dry completely before using it again. You can speed up the drying process by using a fan or opening the windows to increase airflow. Avoid sitting or laying on the couch until it’s completely dry to prevent any damage or further staining. Do not place the couch in the sun for a long time for drying as it can damage the fabric and also degrade the colour of the couch.
Book With Professionals
If you are in search of the best professional couch cleaners in Melbourne, you can get in touch with the professionals. We have all the experience that is required for cleaning the couches professionally. We have all kinds of tools and techniques for cleaning the couch and removing stains from it.